September 03, 2010

Introducing My Dreams

Hey guys! I've decided to start a blog solely for my experience in Italy so that those of you who are interested in knowing how I'm doing and what's going on in my life half a world away will be able to keep updated!

As most of the people in my life should know, I'll be in Italy for three months on a study abroad program. My family can tell you what a beast it's been these past few months trying to get all the money in order to pay for this trip, but I did it!! I made my dream come true (of course with a lot of help), and it's a beautiful feeling.

Everyone asks me why I chose Italy as opposed to any other European country. The normal answer I give is what anyone else might say: the food, the culture, the men, the language...but what I don't tell most people is that it's bigger than that for me. It's something that can't really be explained. It's a pull, a yearn, a strong, unfathomable desire for this country that I don't fully understand. My heart tells me to go, so I'm listening. Simple as that!

This is my dream. To travel the world and experience a life outside of the one I've always known, and write about it is something I've known I've wanted to do for a long time. So here I am, almost twenty years old and finally embarking on a journey that will change my life forever; I am pursuing my dream, the life I know I will love living. I'm taking the plunge into the unknown and trusting that whatever comes of this experience will be for the betterment of my existence, and I am so excited!

So by all means, follow my blog and live vicariously though me as I experience Florence, Italy!

1 comment:

  1. you go girl!! Im so proud to be your friend! I love how ambitious you are!! You are living your dream, which isnt easy for some. It is easier said then done.. but you are doing it! I hope you enjoy your experience in Italy! Don't hold back girl, you are proven to your self that you are capable of doing anything your heart desires. Keep striving for those dreams you have. I love you! Have fun! Learn! Love! Party! Meet some hot men! ;) hahaha, Ill definately keep up on your blog. I want to know EVERYTHING! :D

    ReplyDelete